Canning River Wetlands Kayak Tour
Riverton WA, Australia
April - August
- Come and enjoy a wonderful tour to an area few people get to explore and it is right in the heart of Perth. This natural park was set aside in the 19th century and when you are paddling deep inside you would not be aware you are in a capital city.
- We start our tour at the old Riverton Bridge in Riverton. We head off slowly into the wetlands and take the time to enjoy the incredible wildlife that lives in this special park. Learn a little about the first Australians who lived in the area and the first explorers from European nations that settled the Swan River Colony.
- We continue and explore deeper into the channels before arriving at the Kent Street Weir. Here we stop for a well earned cafe break so do bring a little money.
- We reverse our journey and head back to our start point taking on a slightly different route but again taking time to absorb the areas beauty.
- We provide you a safety briefing and show you how to paddle these very stable sit-on top kayaks. No paddle experience is needed and we provide you a life jacket and dry bag for your camera etc.
Paddle Rating – EASY
- The tour is on a calm part of the river where there or no large motor boats or jet skis allowed. The area is sheltered with no waves. You will paddle slowly for about 30 minutes before we have a cafe stop and then we paddle back to the start.
- What is included?
- Your kayak, paddles and life jacket are included in the tour price. We also have dry bags to help protect your wallets and keys. Also you will have a knowledgeable guide with you who is trained to keep you safe and show and provide you interesting information. The guide also carries a first aid kit for your safety.
What to wear and bring?
- You need to bring your own weather protection clothing including a hat and sunscreen
- Bring a full water bottle
- Some money as we will have a café stop opportunity
- Shoes that can be worn in the water like reef shoes, wet-suit shoes or old sandshoes (not essential)
- There are public toilets at the start and finish of the tour, so just ask the guide if you need to use the amenities. You can also use these for changing clothes if necessary.
Starting and finishing Point
- We start and finish at the Riverton Bridge Park, at the western end of the Old Riverton Bridge the corner of Fern Road and Riverton Drive East.
Find more about the region
Find more about the region
All prices are indicative only and subject to availability and changes without obligation.
Time until next start
Book on Trekhunt
"Find our tours on Trekhunt! Don’t hesitate to send your inquiry, we are happy to take you to your next adventure!" - GoGo Active Tours Pty Ltd
Book this for
Sunday, Apr 19, 10:00 AM
Share this trek on