Lake Bled & Lake Bohinj | Canyoning
Outdoor adventure paradise for hikers and bikers with easy access to Triglav National Park.
Why go Canyoning in Lake Bled & Lake Bohinj?
Why Slovenia and not other places?
Slovenia's undistributed natural environment, high mountains with breathtaking panorama, lonely hiking trails, impressive alpine lakes and crystal clear rivers provide wide variety of multi adventure activities to active adrenaline hunters. Search, find and book day or multi-day tours, combine adventure activities, such as mountain biking, rafting, river kayaking, canyoning, hiking and rock climbing. You will be safe in the hand of professional operators gained considerable experiences directly from the field.
- The Solkal Bridge is the World's longest stone-arch brigde railway, 220 meters long and features 4533 stone blocks
- There are more than 500 brown bears living in the forests
- There are more than 10000 caves in Slovenia
- You can spend a night in a former millitary prison cell at Hostel Celica
- More than 61% of the total land area is covered by forests
- Slovenia has almost 27000 kilometers of rivers and streams
- You can visit the World's largest Ski Jump
- The highest mountain is Triglav (2 864 meters)
- Land area is 20,273 km2 (7,827 square miles)
- Largest Lake in Slovania is Lake Cerknica
- Hayracks are a unique cultural symbol of Slovenia
- 4000 years ago the Ljubljannsko Barje Nature Park was a lake that was home to pile-dwellers
What are the Visa requirements to Slovenia?
Slovenia is party to the Schengen Agreement. This means that EU and EEA (European Economic Area) citizens have the right to enjoy free movement within the Union. A visa-exemption is also given to people who travel from the countries that are in the visa waiver program (for example US citizens) This category of travelers can stay within the Schengen Area for up to 90 days for tourist or business purposes without a visa. Your passport should be valid for at least three months beyond the period of stay.
Best season to visit Slovenia?
The best outdoor activity season runs from June till October when all of the mountain huts and resting places (almost 200) are open for hikers. The rest of the year might bring significant snowfall and the highest mountains in Slovenia are waiting for the experienced mountaineers. Slovenia offers plenty of nice and less demanding hiking, biking, rafting, kayaking, canyoning and rock climbing options throughout the whole year.
What are the best outdoor adventure activities in Slovenia?
TOP 3 adventure activities include:
- Rafting down the crystal-clear Soca River (Soča River)
- Hiking the Julian Alps in Triglav National Park
- Bike downhill from the mountains around Kranjska Gora with amazing panorama and trails of all difficulties
Why Lake Bled or Lake Bohinj and not other places in Slovenia?
This area is called Slovenia's Lakes region and offers many opportunities to get onto the water with a wide range of lake and river activities. Independent buddies rank Lake Bled & Bohinj amongst the most beautiful Lakes in the Alps. In Summer months both lakes are warm enough to swim in and they both have a number of popular beach / swimming areas. The Sava Bohinjka river running between the two lakes is a great place to try out kayaking or mini rafting. For adrenaline hunters the Sava Bohinjka in Bohinj is one of the best places in Slovenia to try out canyoning.
What attractions shall I visit near Bled and Bohinj?
TOP 5 must see:
- Lake Bled Island: Slovenia's most photographed place and the country's only natural island. Take a boat trip to the island and ring the bell of the 17th century church for good luck
- Vintgar Gorge: one of the country's most impressive gorges with an easy walkway taking you through. The gorge is located only a few kilometres north from Bled, near the village of Gorje
- Bled Adventure Park: high ropes adventure park for both adults and kids in a spectacular location just a few minutes from the centre of Bled
- The 7 Lakes Valley of Mount Triglav: the route is starting from Dom Savica in Ukanc at the end of Lake Bohinj, and includes Slovenia's best known waterfall, Slap Savica and 7 beautiful alpine lakes on the way to the country's highest mountain
- Bled Castle: the oldest castle of Slovenia, built more than 1000 years ago, the symbol of Bled and Slovenia.
Best season to visit Lake Bled and Lake Bohinj?
The best outdoor activity season runs from June till October when all of the mountain huts and resting places are open for active visitors. The rest of the year might bring significant snowfall and the highest mountains are waiting for the experienced mountaineers. The region offers plenty of nice and less demanding hiking, biking and other sport options throughout the whole year. During the summer months, both of the lakes are warm enough for swimming.
Where to stay in Lake Bled and Lake Bohinj region?
As domestic and foreign tourism became more and more important in the region, you can find plenty of good opportunities for overnight stay at all price level. This includes hotels, self-catering apartment houses and flats, guest houses, bed & breakfast units as well as budget hotels. Since the region became very popular among tourists, it is very hard to find an adequate, vacant accommodation in peak season (June-August). Therefore it is highly recommended to book in advance.
Why go canyoning in Lake Bled and Lake Bohinj region?
Canyoning is an amusing, energetic and unique way to discover the wild nature, since most of the canyons are hidden from the casual glance of normal visitors to Slovenia. This is an extreme water sport, traversing narrow channels, jumping over small waterfalls into crystal clear river pools, sliding on natural chutes and sliding through powerful falls with a rope will require the best from you and give a lifetime adrenaline-boosting adventure experience.
What equipment is needed for canyoning?
In case you are headed for canyoning in Slovenia, you will need a wet-suite, climbing harness helmet and shoes. You don't need to worry about the equipment, since all the necessary high quality equipment will be provided if you manage your canyoning adventure via experienced guide and/or operator.